Monday, October 13, 2008

Know your enemy: rogue II

Ugh... Just... Ugh.

I went through all the trouble of posting how to shred a rogue as a feral druid and... Ugh. Now I certainly don't expect _anyone_ to read this... But... COME ON!!! I mean... REALLY!!!

Which is to say... So there I was - just minding my own business doing the "Now that we're friends" quest in Zangarmarsh on a level 62 Alliance rogue. I was at half health and had a level 64 melee naga on me when I got jumped by a level 65 horde druid. It happens, right? It's what they do.

Anyway... Back to the story. He did the pounce, shred stuff that you should do to open and got me down to just a few hundred health before the pounce wore off. I'm a goner... But I have to play it out, right?

So... Just as the stun is wearing off, he pops out of cat form and moonfires me.... Moonfire? Seriously? Of all the tools in your arsenal, that's the one you choose? Great googly moogly that was stupid. I managed to gouge him (I appeared to have finished off the mob AND looted it) and sprint off.

Now it's possible that this is my fault for not mentioning this, but rogues get tons of health potions from pickpocketing. They pop them like candy. So that's what I did. Now I've got enough health to ride out the moonfire and as soon as it ended, I stealthed... Not even vanish... Stealth. I was out of combat, after all... And I took a hard right and watch that rimnod run right on by.

SHAME!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME!!! You have embarassed everyone who ever played a druid. The single most important thing you can do to a rogue - particularly before 66 when they get cloak of skill - is hit them with FAERIE FIRE!!! God damn it... Do I have to tell you EVERYTHING???!?!?!? TWICE??!?!?!?

Faerie Fire, feral or normal (and he went to caster form to moonfire me so... that was an option), lowers armor AND PREVENTS THE VICTIM FROM STEALTHING. So here's how that _should_ have gone:

1) You pounce and shred. Good. Excellent. Maybe throw in a rake for the extra DoT, but on the whole, a solid opener.
2) You hit me with faerie fire.
3) I gouge you and sprint away.
4) Gouge wears off and you dash after me. After dash wears off, you go into cheetah form and close the remaining distance - particularly if I stop to mount up.
5) Win.

But no... Moonfire. /cry

No comments: