Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Great Resto Experiment: Phase 1

One of the famously feral druids in my guild went resto last week and I decided I have enough gear (got the season 3 arena helm last week) to test out resto for a couple of days... So on Sunday, I went 8/11/42 for some PvP and arenas on Monday. I've come to the following conclusions:

1) In a battleground like AV, resto druids can be godly. Between stacking HoTs on 3-4 different players, insane mana regen and innervate (not to mention the ability to get out of combat so I could drink) I could outheal an entire battleground even with all the blues I have - sometimes on the order of 180k to 130k for the second place healer.
2) People hate resto druids more than they hate priests.
3) I'm not ready for 5v5 arenas. I could still heal them, but there's too much going on for me to CC anything - which is a big part of the effectiveness of the resto druid in 2v2 and 3v3.
4) I could totally see where a geared resto druid who had experience playing that way could REALLY be a problem in 2v2. I could even see a scenario where _I_ would be a problem in 2v2. There were times when I slipped away from 6 Alliance attackers, got behind our lines and just started healing again.
5) I love playing as a feral druid.

I switched back to feral last night (tonight being raid night) but I'll probably do the Sunday-Monday resto thing until season 4 starts. I moved a couple of points out of Savage Fury (20% increase to some cat form attacks) and put them into maxing out Natural Shapeshifter. Which should be good for shedding snares while our paladin who doesn't learn runs away from mobs instead of at the tank (or at least cleansing chill effects).

No comments: