Friday, May 30, 2008

Dr00d with a plan

For those of you who don't live in Vermont and never met Fred Tuttle, you might want to rent Man with a Plan some day... But that's another story. Today I'm here to talk about PvP... Specifically, the Arena requirements that will be on the PvP honor rewards in Season 4.

I don't know that there's anyone who hates the arenas more than I do. I mean... Maybe there are people but... Gah... It's awful. We play our 10 games on Monday nights to get our 300-350 points and that's it. The problem is, our guild is starting to have pretty long roster (relatively speaking) of level 70's. We have 17 different people with 70's, plus there are some people who mooch off of us and think it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do because they work with some of the key guild members and... Really... A guild is just a chat channel, right? Where was I? Oh yeah... So... We used to have one team. I'd play 3 games and be done. Then I levelled my paladin to 70 and well... Paladins had kicked their asses for years, so... We made a second team of our best players to play with the paladin. Then we got a bunch of alts hitting 70 and then 4 more level 70 mains and... There's now a third team. And because I have 3 level 70's, I'm on all three teams... And the ALL play Monday nights.

Even with the short queues, we're talking about 3-4 hours of arenas. And we're not very good. Our best finish for a week ever is in the 1530's range (the team the paladin is on). Our warriors are... You know... Warriors so they just run in and smash stuff with no real plan and... Anyway... It's frustrating. And we lose a lot. And my paladin has to play all 10 games for his team. And Hiahotah... His gear is so insane that he has to be on one of the bad teams to make them competitive... There's 10 more games. And then by the time we get to the last team... All but one or two people have their points for the week, so they've long since logged off... And to get that last person their points... I sometimes have to play all 10 games on my mage too. And even if I don't... I still have to hang out and not do anything complicated because I might be getting the call for my 3-7 games (on that character). I hate it.

That said, three pieces of the season 4 PVP set will have Arena ratings requirements of up to 1700 so... If we don't get better, I'm going to be denied the opportunity to purchase them. I was OK with the arena gear having arena ratings requirements... But this has taken things too far. This will not stand!!!

Seriously... I won't have this. Now... Hiahotah is feral. I love playing a feral druid. In fact, my level 55 Alliance druid is also feral. But I am so annoyed by this that I have decided that as of season 4, I will whore myself out as a resto druid and do even MORE arenas with one of the umpteen PvP warritards in our guild (Oh... Come on... Seriously? None of you can strap on a shield and tank so I don't have to? I hate you all).

To that end, I have been collecting the season 3 resto PvP gear. I have everything that is currently available... Including the +88 healing trinket. I even picked up the new Medallion of the Horde for the extra 25 resilience. This week, I got to 4700 arena points saved up and I would have gone over next week, so I burned a bunch on the season three resto helm. I gemmed it. I got the +35 healing enchant from Thrallmar... I'm going all out. And I'll PvP until I have just under 75k honor and 100 marks from each faction (I'm running 79-97 right now) saved up.

As soon as Season 4 comes out, I'll buy the season 2 shoulders and weapon with honor points and get them enchanted. I'll get the season 4 resto and feral arena gloves (the only armor that doesn't have a ratings requirement) and the season 4 offhand resto weapon. I'll fill out the rest with season 2 gear and I'll be off to Moonglade to unlearn my talents... And I'll be spending the 50 gold to respec every time I need to tank something and again every time I go to the arenas.

I can't believe it's come to this.

No comments: