Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Friday Karathon

I know... It's not Frday... But I've been busy (read: the servers weren't down for maintenance and I wasn't awake about a half hour early). The group I've been PuGging Karazhan with lately got a group going at about 9:30 pm my time. I was already saved for the week on Hiahotah, so I offered to respec my paladin (Hoban) prot but when they found out his +healing, they decided to look for a main tank and just run with two healers.

The group they found was decked out in mostly epics, so we plowed through the place. We downed Curator in 2 minutes, 20 seconds. The rest of the run went a lot like that... Until Prince. We wiped about 4 times. I'm not sure what went wrong. People felt that the tank was "an idiot" but I just don't think he had the gear to survive phase two. He would lose 8k health in a couple of seconds. I couldn't keep up... Or if I kept up with him, other people would die.

They decided to ditch the warrior and have the ret paladin (who used to tank for them) go prot. We got a priest in there (with me and a resto druid) to heal and we downed him easily. Then we circled back for Netherspite and Nigthbane. If we wiped at all it would have been on Netherspite. I don't really remember because it was 3 AM here when we finished and I was getting pretty punchy. And if you've done the math, we did a full clear of every boss in 5 adn a half hours.

For my troubles, I got the ribbon of sacrifice from Opera and 22 badges of justice. I also learned that it's WAY less stressful for me to stand in the back and heal than it is to tank it. Plus... I got even MORE frustrated that my guild STILL hasn't cleared Kara... Some day... Some day...

No comments: